Thursday, August 7, 2008

#6 - On My Coworker Today at the Music Store

At the behest of Cap'n Mystery, I will review my coworker at the Music Store today. In my other job, doing IT at an embassy in DC, this would be difficult as I have no real co-workers, unless you count the employees at the embassy. One could do that I suppose, but I am a contract worker there so they are technically not my co-workers but elements of my job. At this music store it is much easier.

Unless the day happens to be today, which by some twist of fate, today IS today. My co-worker in this case is an empty patch of air.

Without a co-worker, I no longer have proof that I exist. The customers in the store are a woefully craptacular lot so perhaps they merely slogged forth from the murky swamp of my mind. I do have proof that I am working, for work is done, but perhaps that is part of the nightmare as well. Still, be it dream or not, I exist in the mind of whatever I am, wherever I am. The air does not do much of the work for me, and sometimes it also becomes uncomfortably warm. At times like this, I press a button on the wall and it seems to drive my co-worker a little further away.

Attempts to converse with my co-worker are met with uncomfortable silence. Is this because it is mute? Does not wish to speak to me? I pass through my co-worker often during the day and perhaps it finds this offensive. Still, it does not get in my way when I am working and it does not play awful music in the cd player and that is really the most important part.

Grade: B+

No comments: