Wednesday, August 20, 2008

#10 - On Today's Drive to Work

I was running about a minute late so in my hurry I didn't notice much that was notable happening around me. The weather is particularly hot nowadays which left me relying on the a/c instead of lowering my windows. This is not a great thing as I like the feeling of the wind roaring through the car. I get to blast music louder and FEEL THE ROCK N ROLL! On the good side, the windows being down hinders the aerodynamics of my car somewhat, lessening my gas mileage. Minimal red lights. Minimal bad drivers. The main part of the drive, down 95 N, was a bit crowded but nothing that really slowed me down. In Laurel, a block or so away from work, I did spot "Crazy Olympics" man (see: #1 - On Laurel...) dressed in nothing but the usual shorts and pink bandana. Oddly, he was standing next to a man at a crosswalk who was wearing blue jeans shorts and a blue bandana. I don't know if it made it more or less appropriate that instead of being shirtless, this other man, who I assume was also crazy, was wearing a blue stonewashed vest. Each one was a mountain of rippling muscles, no doubt from their daily crazy olympic training: doing push ups outside Chipotle, yelling at strangers, hiding food in bushes, and dancing to inaudible music.
For my music, I was listening to the soundtrack for Beck (reviewed below) which, detached from the show, is not that great, but contains two or three good songs. I listened to one song twice, leaving me with not enough time to listen to the other ones. I instead indecisively, and quite me-ishly, flipped through half of one song and half of the other and got really nothing out of it in the process.
The left turn into work was not as bad as it usually is. And parking was a snap, despite me thinking the store's owner was at work due to all the shiny black "business class" cars in the lot.
So the drive did its job, getting me from point A to point B with no hassles and with a little entertainment, though the entertainment did make me question my sanity a bit.
Grade: B

No comments: